Combined Major in English and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
Note: A grade of C (2.0) is required in all coursework comprising the major.
13.5 units, including
Six courses in Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies, to include
- WGSS 200 Introduction to Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies
- WGSS 489 Research Methods and Capstone Preparation
- Four additional WGSS electives (not from the English Department) at least two of which must at the 300-level or above.
Seven courses in English, to include
- ENGL 297 Literature in Context: Genre and Mode
- ENGL 298 Literature in Context: Texts in History
- One 300-level course from Group A (literature before the early to mid-19th century)
- One 300-level course from Group B (literature after the early to mid-19th century)
- Two additional courses at the 300-level
- ENGL 400 Junior/Senior Seminar
IDST 379 Combined Major Portfolio/Project (.5 units)
No more than one unit of internship credit will be counted towards the combined major.